What specific services are available with Help Desk?
Besides the basic WordPress site maintenance, including backups, monitoring, updates, spam cleanup and security hardening included, Help Desk Clients can request the following types of webmaster services. When in doubt, just ask!
- Consulting, training, webinars
- Website content changes, new pages, menu adjustments
- Website design changes
- New plugin installation & configuration
- Blog postings and scheduling
- Technical support w/remote connection available
- Google Apps for Work – setup & administration
- Email marketing campaigns, template setup
- Domain name services: DNS updates, assistance with registry transfers
- Traffic reports (via Google Analytics), if available
What Help Desk service level is right for me?
There are no long-term commitments with Help Desk. You can change or cancel your service level at any time, and the new level will take effect at your next renewal date.
- If your needs are very sporadic, you dont seed site monitoring or when you need no services for a few months or only small, intermittent tasks, opt for Help Desk PAYG (pay-as-you-go).
- If you have a WordPress website and you don’t want to be handling the technical maintenance, then Help Desk Basic is your best bet.
How do I send a service request (ticket)?
It’s easy to make a service request (create a ticket) in the Help Desk! You have two choices, each of which will automatically create a service ticket:
- Option 1: Log into the Help Desk Portal at help.provirtualsolutions.com and enter your request details. The clients-only support Portal has advantages over the other ways to create a service ticket. You can add details, upload files or add options to your ticket such as priority and a deadline date. This will help me respond to you in a more timely fashion. Also, unlike email, the request information you send via the portal is secured with SSL.
- Option 2: Send an email message to the private clients-only email address. Easy and fast! Simply send an email to the provided clients-only request email address, and a service ticket will be created. You will receive an immediate email acknowledgement and a customized link to the portal to track the service progress.
What about ticket priorities? Can I send an urgent request?
The Portal ticket form asks for a priority level for the service item. Ticket priority simply tells me how time-sensitive your request is and helps me to schedule workflow. Options are:
- Low: This is the default. Note that even “Low” priority items will be delivered (whenever possible) within turnaround time (2 to 4 business days).
- Medium: A higher priority, will generally be done before a low priority item
- High: Use this for items that need to be done ASAP.
- Urgent: For emergencies only! This is for serious issues such as your email not working, domain/DNS problems or your site being offline (I would be made aware of this anyway with your site monitoring); or other major interruptions. Urgent tickets will page me, and you will get a reply ASAP, outside of business hours as necessary.
Urgent requests can be submitted in two ways:
- Via the Help Desk Portal, with the ticket priority set to “Urgent”
- Via email to the client-only email address, with the word URGENT in the subject line of the message
Both of these options will create an urgent ticket in the Portal and will page me. You will get a reply ASAP, outside of business hours as necessary.
What are the service turnaround times?
Help Desk Basic is up to four business days (usually fewer). Essentials and Advanced levels get higher priority. PAYG client requests are turned around as quickly as possible, usually fewer than 7 business days. Note that I like to deliver as soon as possible, and it’s likely your turnaround will be much shorter than the maximum. If in the event your request is larger than normal, has multiple tasks, or may take additional time for some other reason you will be advised in your ticket update.
The service turnaround time is a goal and guideline, not an absolute guarantee. I can guarantee that every effort will be made to accommodate your request and that you will be updated on progress every step of the way.
Also, request progress, messages, updates, files, status changes and resolution times are all tracked within the Portal. That means you have a single place to track tickets or request a report on what was completed and when. Detailed time reporting is available by request anytime.
How am I billed for Help Desk?
All Help Desk service levels are billed to your credit card on file. You will receive an email receipt for each transaction. Visa. MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Diners Club, JCB and PayPal are accepted.
- All plans (except PAYG) are billed monthly. If you start service on the 12th of the month, your billing date will be the 12th of each month thereafter, until you cancel. Additional services not included with your plan are invoiced on the 1st of each calendar month.
- Help Desk PAYG services are prepaid. Please visit the Help Desk PAYG page for details.
Time reporting is available anytime on request and details about requests will appear on your invoice.
NOTE: You can minimize the cost of extra services by batching small tasks into a single request ticket. This can result in significant savings!
What if I just have a question? Are they billable as extra services?
You can certainly ask questions anytime by email or within the Portal. If you have an occasional general question that I can answer quickly, I’m happy to help – and would not be counted. Questions that involve research time, general consulting or other followup (and are not related to your account administration) would be counted as a service request and billed on your next invoice, as appropriate.